Thursday 18 July 2013

Fanny HALSTEAD b1843


Now I am the first to admit that I have often been critical of some of the family trees on the Ancestry website but not all are tarred with the same brush.

In trying to resolve what happened to Fanny HALSTEAD b1843 Halifax, Yorkshire (and some of the rest of the family come to that) I resorted to Ancestry just to see if there were any clues.

What I stumbled onto was a real goldmine. A tree full of sources that included Fanny and her siblings. But it also had the details of the ancestors for a couple of generations and that has enabled me to link many other minor trees in the database together.

There are a couple of interesting things that I noticed. There are at least three HALSTEAD-HALSTEAD marriages in there and all of these families left well before the start of the passenger lists in the UK in 1890.
Ironically I still haven't found out what happened to Fanny after the 1871 census!

John Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment